Author Topic: New Digs better sound  (Read 2026 times)

vrod

• View Profile
New Digs better sound
« on: May 05, 2023, 05:15:36 PM »
Well I finally got sick of Florida. Close to 500,000 people moved there this past year. More people competing for the same products have drawn up consumer prices. I used to live in central Florida where there was some southern charm still present but alas, no more. Alot of these people have a totally different mind set than what I was accustomed to, plus they also brought their dopey politics with them. I moved to Northwestern Arkansas and love it. Well back to the topic: my new room is smaller than my old one but has 20 foot ceilings. I also now have 4 corners where before I only had 3. What a difference having my Horns on 2 corners, bass response and imaging have improved tremendously. The cubes supply much less output. The speakers sound totally different. They are about 23 inches (back wall to Front of the speakers) and they really sound sweet in my room. This highlights or rather reminds me of the importance of speaker positioning. I will not miss Florida, it has become a really expensive place to live in. Besides AR. ia a much redder state than FL.

sonic

• View Profile
Re: New Digs better sound
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 05:38:08 PM »
Congrats!  Room interaction with speakers brings the biggest effects on sound reproduction.

tfoust

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 07:47:31 PM »
Where in NWA are you?  I live in Rogers.

vrod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2023, 05:50:53 AM »
I moved to Conway .

Capt. Z

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2023, 04:06:21 AM »
I moved into the mountains of Andrews NC, between Murphy and Bryson City NC.  ;)

henry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2023, 03:48:04 PM »
I moved into the mountains of Andrews NC, between Murphy and Bryson City NC.  ;)

If you hear banjo music... RUN!!!

The train in Bryson is really cool.  Check it out if you haven't already.  :)

vrod

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2023, 01:34:32 PM »
Hey Captain Z, isn't Murphy where they caught Eric Rudolph

Capt. Z

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2023, 11:21:39 PM »
On May 31, 2003, Rudolph was arrested by police officer J.S. Postell while rummaging through a trash bin behind a rural grocery store in Murphy, North Carolina.

Eric Rudolph agrees to plead guilty to a series of bombings, including the fatal bombing at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, in order to avoid the death penalty. He later cited his anti-abortion and anti-homosexual views as motivation for the bombings.

Murphy is only about 20 minutes south of me.  :o
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 11:27:51 PM by Capt. Z »

henry

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2023, 05:55:23 PM »
And our crack team of FBI agents tried to pin the bombing on Richard Jewell.  The FBI's mistake was furthered by the mainstream news.  ::)

Richard died as a wealthy man.

sonic

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2023, 10:21:17 PM »
Speaking of FBI..., maybe this thread should be moved to political section...