Author Topic: The 126en speaker versus the latest model  (Read 1115 times)

vrod

• View Profile
The 126en speaker versus the latest model
« on: August 30, 2023, 08:10:03 PM »
Is there enough sonic improvement to justify buying the new model? My Horns have the 126en and on top sits the super tweeter. If anyone has made a comparison please let me know. Thanks!

henry

• View Profile
Re: The 126en speaker versus the latest model
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2023, 11:37:20 AM »
I haven't heard the FE126NV2.  The "NV2" is the successor of the NV.  The NV2 uses more environmentally friendly adhesives and the spec sheet is now a download to save paper.

Personally, I like good glue (the kind that deforms babies, causes cancer in mice, and makes you light-headed) and by god if I'm paying $73 for a driver, I want some paper literature.  ;D

But really, I've read that the new model offers less upper-mid distortion.  Whether that is audible is another consideration.  If it is audible, does it matter if you cross-over to a tweeter or Heil?  I guess the transition frequency matters here.

Just my 2 pesos...

vrod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2023, 08:12:38 PM »
Thanks Henry, I was wondering at what frequency is there less distortion with the new model. For now I think I'll stick with the 126en's.

thehornshoppe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2023, 04:38:12 PM »
Vrod, I have a pair but have not used them. When I do I'll post something.

I've had a lot going on recently and have not been doing much audio stuff except building The Truth when needed. I hope things get better by the end of the year.
Ed