Author Topic: Hornshoppe Model 1 Speaker stand alternatives  (Read 1209 times)

Cidermill1

• View Profile
Hornshoppe Model 1 Speaker stand alternatives
« on: March 07, 2023, 10:33:49 PM »
Hi, I know this has been covered before, but could we have another round of people sharing ideas of how to provide better stability for the Hornshoppe Model 1 speaker?

Suggested outrigger designs? Is there a product currently in the market?
Mounting spiked feet?
Other approaches?
Greatly appreciate if people have photos of things they have done to improve stability and firmness.

Thank you everyone.
Yours,
Michael

Capt. Z

• View Profile
Re: Hornshoppe Model 1 Speaker stand alternatives
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 12:25:36 AM »
I had filled the bottom of my Horns with BB gun pellets. And added some 'hard rubber' discs on the bottom, since mine are not standing on carpet. No problems NOT tipping them over.

henry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 04:39:42 AM »
Cidermill, take a kook at lhese.  They aren't crazy money and seem to be the right size.  Check out the last photo on the listing to see if that looks good, I think they do.

https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-OS-2S-Outrigger-Speaker-Spike-Set-Small-with-Black-Steel-Base-2-Pcs-240-773?quantity=1
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 03:28:35 AM by henry »

Cidermill1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023, 05:23:49 PM »
Henry,

Thank you for pointing to the Dayton Audio outrigger. Looks very good. I have been thinking about making something similar out of a hardwood, but only 8 or 9 inches wide instead of 11 1/2 inches. I will mock up 11 1/2" pieces out of wood to see if I can fit them in the space available. Area is tight.
Yours,
Michael
IMG_7133.jpg

vrod

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2023, 04:48:44 PM »
On advice from ED: he told me to buy wooden cutting boards at your local food market about 12' by 12'. This kept my cats from from tipping over the speakers if they launch themselves from the speakers. They no longer do this after I scolded them repeatedly about this. Nevertheless, the 12 by 12 cutting boards add stability. They also look pretty good.