Author Topic: Sign of the Times  (Read 1361 times)

henry

• View Profile
Sign of the Times
« on: September 06, 2022, 09:29:43 PM »
Hey guys, I don't want to get into politics right now, I just want to lament about what I've seen recently. 

I went to my tire store that's a large national chain store and they do really good work.  I've been there for more than 10 years buying tires and having routine tire maintenance.  I was there last week, and they have a nice, large showroom with wheels and tires... or at least they did.

I went to have a tire with a nail replaced and a rotation.  What was disturbing to me was that they had no tires on display.  None.  They had a few wheels.  That was it.  If you want to buy tires, you're relegated to looking at a monitor at one of the sales stations. 

This morning, I went to one of the largest Toyota dealerships in the SE for routine maintenance.  They were short staffed and the huge showroom had zero new cars to check out.  They did have two nice used trucks that were three years old to see.  That was it.  BTW, they had a nice 2020 Tundra priced at $57k.   ::)

I get the same vibe when I buy groceries.  Most employees have dead eyes and the selection is very limited.  The prices are stupid.

Is it just me, or where I live?  I'm getting a little disturbed about this.  Any thoughts?  Like I said, bashing JB and his people is getting old for me.  I wonder when we can get half-way back to normal. 

I lived through the late seventies and it sucked economically.  But, I've never experienced this shortage of goods in my life.

sonic

• View Profile
Re: Sign of the Times
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 12:04:09 AM »
It's everywhere.  Many of the basic foods are low in stock or no longer stocked.  Ones that are stocked, the price is higher.  The eggs (yes, chicken eggs, not sturgeon eggs as in caviar) in the grocery stores are only half stocked and some brands are not available anymore.  Even the basic hamburger costs $2 - $3 more per serving. 

It may start to turn around slowly next year if the elections are not rigged again.

Capt. Z

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 09:50:04 AM »
That is pretty scary. I am coming back to the US in 3 weeks and it sounds like I am in for a big awakening. Over here in Europe the prices are ricing as well, as they are doing so in the rest of the world. However, our shelves are pretty well stocked here.

Just spoke to a friend of mine who said that the heating bill per year in a house that he rents (to an American) will cost around 8000 Euros PLUS this coming year. about 4 times as much as the year before.

Things will get much worse in the next 12 month PLUS and we will see biblical prophecies becoming 'fulfilled'
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 07:24:52 PM by Capt. Z »

sonic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2022, 03:41:57 PM »
That is pretty scary. I am coming back to the US in 3 weeks and it sounds like I am in for a big awakening.
As I've pointed out to you earlier this year, you may not like what you will see here.

we will see biblical prophecies becoming 'fulfilled'
Like what, another bubonic Covid plague?  :o

Capt. Z

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2022, 07:26:57 PM »
Revelation 6:6, NLT: And I heard a voice from among the four living beings say, 'A loaf of wheat bread or three loaves of barley will cost a day's pay. And don't waste the olive oil and wine.'

sonic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2022, 03:50:32 AM »
I've heard that the inflation in Mexico isn't anywhere as bad as in the US.  Many Californians have been crossing the southern border recently to live more comfortably.  :o